Ringl & Pit
ringl+pit, a prize-winning Berlin-based photography and design studio, was founded in 1930 by Bauhaus students Grete Stern and Ellen Auerbach. Stern was “ringl”, Auerbach was “pit”. The studio was soon well-known for innovative work in advertising. Auerbach and Stern ran the studio between 1930 and 1933. After the National Socialists came to power, they gave up the studio and both emigrated from Germany. Auerbach went to Palestine, Great Britian and finally settled in the United States, Stern found a new home in Argentina.